Years 11 and 12
Mater Christi College is a vibrant, inclusive and warm community where girls feel safe, build friendships and become intelligent and reflective learners.
Year 11 and 12 can set the direction for future studies and occupations. So it is important that students develop an understanding of their own learning style, academic strengths and personal interests. Then, with support from parents, teachers and the Careers Counsellor, students can form the program that can take them toward their dream destination.
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
- In Year 11 and 12 students can study units from VCE, Vocational Education and Training (VET) and/or Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) programs
- Students in Year 11 select 13 semester length units, with the possibility of including one or two Year 12 studies
- Year 12 students generally select 11 units (five 3/4 sequences plus Religious Education). This may also include University studies.
- Students studying VCAL must complete at least 10 units of study. Each subject listed below is credited for 2 units.
VCAL students at Mater Christi College normally complete the Intermediate Certificate by completing:
- VCAL Literacy
- VCE Foundation Mathematics
- VCAL Work Related Skills
- VCAL Personal Development
- A VET Study
- Religious Education
- 2 other studies, such as another VCE unit or VET study
For more Year 11 and 12 curriculum information, please read our 2018 Curriculum Guide Senior Years.
For Year 11 and 12 Course Information and Resources, click here.