Mater Christi College is very proud of its International Student Program. Since 1989, we have welcomed and supported students of all religions and cultural backgrounds through the challenging and rewarding experience of studying overseas in a second language.
Our international students have graduated with extraordinary success stories. A contributor to that success is our belief that each girl can only become her best self when she feels well supported and comfortable in her environment. That’s why we choose to take responsibility for each girl’s welfare arrangements and strive to get to know each girl and her needs.
Listen to the inspirational stories of some Mater Christi International School graduates.
As well as the support of our caring, committed and experienced staff, we provide students with:
- On-campus English and Preparation Program
- Homestay accommodation - CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOMESTAY INFORMATION
- Extensive Academic and Welfare support
- A vibrant, inclusive and warm community where girls feel safe
- Flexible commencement dates – January, April, July or October
- Modern facilities and technologies
- An established relationship with the The University of Melbourne through Melbourne Schools' Partnership International – a unique alliance between the University and a group of leading Victorian Secondary schools.
We also recommend reading the following documents prior to submitting your application:
- International Student Program Policies and Procedures
- Mater Christi College Presentation - English version
- Mater Christi College Presentation - Chinese version
- ESOS Framework
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and complete the International Student Application for Enrolment
- Email your application and supporting documents to Kylie Lee, Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM FAQS
Mater Christi College has welcomed and supported students of all religions and cultural backgrounds through the challenging and rewarding experience of studying overseas in a second language since 1989. For more information, please visit our International Students page.
The College recommends a Grade Average of 80% or equivalent. Applicants with lower scores who display a positive attitude to learning and good social skills will also be favourably considered.
We believe that a small international student program creates the most successful experience and best results for students. With an enrolment of around 30 international students, each girl is known and supported so that she can become her best self.
Mater Christi College has its own well established English and Preparation Program. The program assists with classroom English and develops the study and research skills needed to succeed in Australia. It also provides the essential support for a smooth transition to mainstream studies.
Yes, Mater Christi College is an open-entry Catholic Secondary School. We welcome enrolments from families of all backgrounds, abilities and faiths.
In addition to the on-campus English and Preparation Program, the College provides comprehensive academic and welfare support for international students including:
Ongoing language support
Specialist Tutors, Counsellors and Nurses
Accommodation with Mater Christi Homestay families
University entry counselling
Assistance with banking and health services
First language communication with families