Our 2017 College Dux, Gemma Tripp recently told students, 'just because you don't understand something the first, second, third or even fourth time doesn't mean you will never understand it.'
Indeed, seeking help when needed is one of the keys to success.
Did you know Homework Club and lunchtime Maths Support are available to students who are looking for extra guidance in their studies?
- For students in Years 7, 8 and 9
- Wednesdays, 3.20 to 4.20pm in the Learning Commons
- Teacher assistance with homework and assessment tasks
- A valuable quiet time and space to assist organisation and completing work
- And... hot drinks are supplied.
- Mondays at lunch time in B308 (Mathematics Task Centre)
- One or two Maths teachers are ready to help:
- clarify skills and concepts that students are finding difficult
- complete set homework with assistance if/when needed
- with problems and practise examples
- seek and complete enrichment work
- prepare for assessments or examinations
- Students can bring their lunch or pop in at any time during the lunch break and stay as long as they wish.
Senior School students can also gain assistance from the College Humanities/English and Maths Tutors. This help is readily available simply by making an appointment through the College Intranet.