The Year 9 curriculum and learning experiences build on the foundations from Years 7 & 8 within the framework of the Middle Years Program (MYP) of the International Baccalaureate® (IB) and Content Descriptors in the Victorian Curriculum.
Year 9 Learning Program
Learning in Year 9 at Mater Christi College includes:
- an explicit focus on core literacy and numeracy skills across all learning areas.
- a range of elective choices to enable students to have greater agency over their preferred learning pathway.
- emphasis on “soft skills” for future success, through interdisciplinary learning. Soft skills include: creative thinking, communication skills, adaptability and curiosity.
- a reinvigorated Enrichment learning program for 2023 that incorporates applied learning and vocational education opportunities.
- provision of programs to support and enhance student wellbeing through social and emotional learning.
Year 9 students engage in core and a range of elective studies in the following learning areas:
- Health and Physical Education
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE) (Chinese or French)
- Religious Education
Click here to view a PDF version of our 2023 Middle Years Program: Years 7-10 Curriculum Guide.
Click here to view a flipbook version of our 2023 Middle Years Program - Years 7 - 10 Curriculum Guide.