Mater Christi College is a vibrant, inclusive and warm community where girls feel safe, build friendships and become confident, independent and reflective learners.
The Year 9 curriculum and learning experiences build on the foundations from Years 7 & 8 within the framework of the Middle Years Program (MYP) of the International Baccalaureate® (IB) and Content Descriptors in the Victorian Curriculum.
Year 9 Learning Program
Learning in Year 9 at Mater Christi College includes:
- an explicit focus on core literacy and numeracy skills across all learning areas.
- a range of elective choices to enable students to have greater agency over their preferred learning pathway.
- emphasis on “soft skills” for future success, through interdisciplinary learning. Soft skills include: creative thinking, communication skills, adaptability and curiosity.
- a reinvigorated Enrichment learning program for 2023 that incorporates applied learning and vocational education opportunities.
- provision of programs to support and enhance student wellbeing through social and emotional learning.
Year 9 students engage in core and a range of elective studies in the following learning areas:
- Health and Physical Education
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE) (Chinese or French)
- Religious Education
Mater Christi College students are motivated learners who graduate with region leading academic and vocational results and the confidence to pursue their dreams.