Years 11 and 12
Mater Christi College is a vibrant, inclusive and warm community where girls feel safe, build friendships and become intelligent and reflective learners.
Year 11 and 12 can set the direction for future studies and occupations. So it is important that students develop an understanding of their own learning style, academic strengths and personal interests. Then, with support from parents, teachers and the Careers Counsellor, students can pursue the program that can take them toward their dream destination.
In Years 11 and 12 students can study units from the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), VCE - Vocational Major (VCE-VM) and/or Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs.
Students in Year 11 select 13 semester length units, with the possibility of including an accelerated Year 12 study.
Year 12 students select 11 units (five 3/4 sequences plus Religious Education). This may also include University studies through the VCAA’s Higher Education Studies Program.
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
To obtain the VCE students must satisfactorily complete the following Units of Study:
- 2 Units of English
- English Units can be from English, English Literature, English Language or English as an Additional Language
- 2 Units must be a Unit 3/4 sequence
- 3 sequences of Units 3/4 in studies other than English, two of which may be a VET Study
Victorian Certificate of Education – Vocational Major (VCE-VM)
To obtain the VCE-VM students must satisfactorily complete the following Units of Study:
- 3 Literacy or VCE English units (including a Unit 3 and 4 sequence)
- 2 Numeracy or VCE Mathematics units
- 2 Work Related Skills units
- 2 Personal Developmental Skills units
- 2 VET Credits at Certificate II level or above (minimum 180 hours)
- A minimum of 4 Unit 3/4 sequences which can include the units listed above as well as any VCE units