Students attending Mater Christi College may be eligible for financial support through the Conveyance Allowance Program to assist with the cost of transport.
To be eligible for the Conveyance Allowance:
- “a student must reside 4.8km or more by the shortest practicable route from the College” and
- families must submit an application to the College by Friday 1 March 2019
The Department of Education and Training (DET) pays the Conveyance Allowance to the College for distribution to families.
For 2019, please note:
- public transport applications must include proof of purchase of a half-yearly or yearly Victorian Student Pass.
- applicants who were previously declined should re-apply only if they have changed their home address.
For private car and public transport travel, the College will allocate the full amount received from DET against the family School Fee Account.
Click below to download an application form
- Application for private car travel Conveyance Allowance
- Application for public transport travel Conveyance Allowance
For Mater Christi Chartered bus travel, the College will use Conveyance Allowance funds received from DET to reduce the cost of the Charter bus for the College and for families. All eligible student travellers must apply for the Conveyance Allowance by 1 March each year, and authorise the College to retain the allowance. This assists the College to continue to subsidise the cost of the Charter bus.
Click below to download an application
We strongly encourage all eligible families to complete the relevant application form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard-copy to Main Reception by Friday 1 March.
Further details of the DET Conveyance Allowance Policy are available here. The College Finance Team is available to assist families through this process. Please email email@example.com or telephone 9757 0998 for support.